Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year! Now Back To Work...

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and are filled with renewed vigour for the year ahead.

After a little interlude of baby boots and bonnets, it's time I put this blog to some good use, and reintroduce it to its purpose - documenting my illustration work.

I learnt a lot during 2010. Some of those lessons, in fact most of them, were hard. I learnt, unfortunately, that energy and productivity have a proportionate relationship, and without much of the first (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome paid me an extended visit) the latter was somewhat affected. My patience, willpower and fervour for life were tested immeasurably, in ways perhaps that only fellow CFS sufferers can understand, however over-the-top that probably sounds. While I tried to retain a sunny disposition, both for friends and my own sanity(!), periods of last year were very bleak indeed, and I'm hoping more than anything that 2011 is going to bring with it some sunshine to break through those clouds!

To aid, or perhaps create, said sunshine, I have compiled a comprehensive "Lou's List" (uh oh) to get things off to a good start. Some things are continuations of last year's work (illness aside) and some are new ventures that I'm quite excited about. This all sounds rather mystic, doesn't it? It basically boils down to me putting what energy I do have into pursuits that will repay me with more smiles and more pennies.

First stop, greetings card designs. I'll leave you with my first few with the promise of more to come -
I've entered these into a Tigerprint competition, so fingers crossed!

© Lou Peajeux 2011
© Lou Peajeux 2011

© Lou Peajeux 2011

© Lou Peajeux 2011

© Lou Peajeux 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask a question.