Monday 1 October 2012

Embracing the new, repurposing the old

It's the 1st of October!! How did that happen? Well overdue for an illustration update I think! 

Over the past 5 months since my last blog post I've been busy beavering away creating lots of new work, including patterns, greetings cards and children's picture book illustrations. The latter have been submitted to publishers now, so fingers crossed for some good news in the early future!

October is going to be a month of change for me, which seems somewhat seasonally fitting. I'll be turning 26 at the end of the month (yikes), which means I'm officially creeping towards my late twenties (yuck). I'm up to my neck in boxes and bubble wrap at the moment, packing away my life's treasures, as a big move is on the cards. New beginnings and plenty of new challenges ahead, but they are incredibly welcome and in lots of ways I can't wait to get going. 

There's 101 things on my to-do list - a mixture of personal crafty projects, illustrations for clients and a big shake up of design for my online presence, which I've been wanting to do for yonks but haven't had the time for! But as for now, I'll share with you some new 'old-style' illustrations - old in as much as I'm returning to my roots here with watercolours and coloured pencils - and look forward to fresh energy, the start of a new chapter and all the excitement, fulfillment, positivity and chickens (yes, chickens!) it will bring! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Please feel free to leave me a comment or ask a question.